One of the fun ways to enjoy time with family or friends in the backyard is playing Kan Jam. This game is ideal for several people since you can divide into two groups and play against each other. If you are new to Kan Jam, you are at the right place because I am telling you everything about it today. First, you will find some of the best Kan Jam game options that you can take into consideration. There are many other things to see, and maybe it matches your energy. Let’s dive deeper into it; this could be your next favorite backyard game that you will love.
The Best Kan Jam List
#5. Best Portable Illuminate Light-Up Kan Jam SetProduct’s Specs:
- By: Kan Jam
- Dimensions: 9 x 11.88 x 20 inches
- Weight: 0.1 kilogram
Even if it is dark at night, you can still get to play your Kan Jam when you have this set right here. You are looking at a set that includes a LED glow disc that you can throw and see at night. It is powered by Lithium Cell batteries that you can find under a small cap if you want to replace them. This plastic disc is durable and high-impact, so its quality is pretty great. The thing to have in mind is that the disc is more durable than the LED light it comes with. So it wouldn’t be a good idea to throw it somewhere near hard objects.
Along with that, the set also includes 2 LED glow light pods, two transparent UV Kan Jam labels, and the instructions. Since both the disc and the goals are glowing, the fun will never end. With everything in one set, you will be able to brighten up your night with some fun games with your friends. Not to mention that it is easy to bring along with you to places; this Kan Jam game will go everywhere with you. It is ideal for the backyard and other parties, and you will absolutely enjoy playing this game.
#4. Best NFL Licensed Original Disc EditionProduct’s Specs:
- By: Kan Jam
- Dimensions: 16.5 x 16.5 x 20 inches
- Weight: 2.72 kilograms
For those who are the fans of NFL, this is the Kan Jam game set that you will absolutely love. The special editions of some of the best football teams are all there for you to choose from. Here you are looking at Seattle Seahawks, but there are many other teams available on the list. Those include Arizona Cardinals, Atlanta Falcons, Baltimore Ravens, Buffalo Bills, Caroline Panthers, Chicago Bears, Cleveland Browns, Dallas Cowboys, and more. The design of the team’s logo is on the Kan Jam cans, and the quality is incredible.
Because it is from the original Kan Jam itself, the quality of the items in the set is very reliable. Both the disc and the cans are durable and tough, and they are ideal for pretty much anywhere you go. From the backyard to the beach and more, this Kan Jam is perfect for them all. Everything in the set is lightweight and portable, and it is also very easy to assemble as well. It could be a little pricey, but its design and quality are so worth it.
#3. Best Kan Jam Game With Collapsible BasketProduct’s Specs:
- By: EastPoint Sports
- Dimensions: 4.75 x 21.75 x 11 inches
- Weight: 7.39lbs
Nothing can beat this when it comes to compact and portable Kan Jam game sets. The special thing about this set is that you can fold the basket flat, which is so convenient to store. That also means you can easily and effortlessly bring your favorite game to wherever you go. Along with that, storage is also a breeze since it does not take up a lot of space at all. The collapsible baskets are made from polyester, which is both durable and easy to maintain. That way, you won’t have to worry about tearing or wearing it at all, which is a total plus.
Then you might wonder whether or not the baskets are stable because it is foldable like that. The weight of the baskets ensures both maximum stability and support, so they will stay in place. Even if you fling the disc hard, you will not knock it over at all. Since it has everything from durability to quality and more, this is, without a doubt, among the best Kan Jam games. This one comes in a set of all the items that you need, along with game rules and instructions. Plus, with a reasonable price, you will not regret choosing it.
#2. Best Glow-In-The-Dark Kan Jam FrisbeeProduct’s Specs:
- By: Kan Jam
- Dimensions: 11.61 x 10.75 x 1.61 inches
- Weight: 0.53lbs
In case you want to get a flying disc that glows in the dark to play at night, I highly recommend this one. It is the premium LED flying disc that is bright enough for you to enjoy playing at night. At the same time, the LED light that this disc comes with lasts for hours through the night. So no matter how long you want to play, this is the Kan Jam disc that you should have. What about the quality? This flying disc is extremely durable and tough, and it does not break or crack easily at all.
The best part about this frisbee disc is that it is ideal for everyone in the house to play. Its size and weight are perfect for kids, and they throw it easily. Want to play frisbee with your furry friend at home? This disc can handle the canine teeth as well, and that is a big bonus. With this price for such amazing quality, you should definitely take it into consideration. Hundreds of people are loving it; maybe you will be one of the happy customers too.
#1. Best Original Kan Jam GameProduct’s Specs:
- By: Kan Jam
- Dimensions: 3.54 x 4.68 x 7.87 inches
- Weight: 2.7 kilograms
This is exactly the stuff when you look for the best Kan Jam games; it is the original version. The set includes two Kan Jam cans along with a flying disc that weighs 168 grams for easy throwing. Both cans are very durable and sturdy, and they stay in place despite the very strong throw. These cans are super easy to assemble, and it takes just a few minutes to set up everything. After use, you can collapse the cans flat for convenient and fast storage that saves a lot of space.
The original version comes with two black cans, and the illuminate version has white color. In case you want the complete set with a storage bag, it is available for you too. Each option comes with great quality that you can trust for years of use. Since it has both great quality and a reasonable price, you should totally take a look. Thousands of people recommend this set, and that could be something that you are looking for.
Things To Consider When Buying Kan Jam
Although it is very easy to find Kan Jam games, there are still a few things to have in mind. You want to make sure that the option that you choose is as best as possible. Some Kan Jam games are quite expensive, so they should be worth the price that you pay for. Below are some of the most important factors that you should consider before buying a Kan Jam game.
One of the first things that you should think about is the location of where you want to play. Is it indoor or outdoor because Kan Jam games come with a certain purpose for that. Simply put, get an indoor game if you want to play indoors. In case you want to take the competition to the backyard, beach, or tailgate, go for the outdoor sets. The right set will make your game fun, so don’t overlook this part.
If you want to play your Kan Jam games at night, consider buying the ones that glow in the dark. The illuminate version allows you to see at night very well so that the game can go on. With this type, both the disc and the kans come with LED lights. That way, everyone can still see and play, even if the sun already goes down.
No matter what game you buy, it should be easy to store. We are talking about the compact size and foldability that allows you to save space. That way, you are able to bring it along with you to places without making too much room. In case you like to play Kan Jam when you go out or travel, look for portable ones. Some sets even come with a storage bag that makes storage or transportation convenient for you.
There are two types of Kan Jam games, both of which are quite interesting and fun to play. The two main variations of this game include:
- Kan Jam Mini: is ideal for small spaces, mainly for indoors. You can play Kan Jam Mini on flat surfaces, small areas, and more.
- Kan Jam Splash: is for those who want to play in the water. For this version, the base of the kans is buoyant so that the goals will float on water.
How To Play Kan Jam
Kan Jam aka Garbage Can Frisbee, is one of the most fun recreational games lately. It is competitive and fun, and it is ideal for players of all ages. You can play it at home or outside, and the fun is always there for you. If you are new to Kan Jam, below are the instructions that you can easily follow.
The players will be divided into two teams, and each team will stay 50 feet apart from each other. Each team can consist of members from one or two for friendly matches. However, the basic rules require each team to have at least two members, up to 8 players. Two people will play in each game, and the team can switch out players at any time. Kan Jam players can be both kids (starting 12 years old or even younger) and adults.
For the two players, one will be the “thrower” while another will be the “deflector”. The thrower has to hit the bucket or kan with the disc while the deflector blocks or hits the disc. For the deflector, only a single touch is allowed to deflect the disc. A deflector cannot carry or touch the disc.
Simply put, you and your teammates will work together to get the disc to do one of the three things. One, hit the kan. Two, go inside the kan through the top opening without being deflected by the opponent. Three, go through the kan’s slot opening that will result in an Instant Win.
- You will get a point when you deflect the ball and hit the kan; that is a Dinger.
- Your team will get two points when you hit the kan without assistance from a teammate; that is a Deuce.
- The team will get three points if a teammate can deflect the disc into the kan, that is a Bucket.
- If the disc that you toss goes into the can through the slot, you get an instant win. The game is over because you will be the winner.
To make it easy to understand, check out this video here.
Kan Jam Accessories
Sometimes what you get in a set when you buy a Kan Jam game is not enough. This is why it is nice to know about other Kan Jam accessories that might come in handy. It is nothing new, actually, but maybe some of them could be useful for you.
In case you bought your Kan Jam game without a carry bag, consider getting one. Obviously, a carry bag allows you to store your items conveniently and neatly in one place. At the same time, it also protects the accessories from damage or other outdoor elements. Storage is also easy and simple since everything is in one place altogether. Need to play Kan Jam? Just grab the carry bag, and you are good to go, which is super convenient. A carry bag is not so pricey as well; I highly recommend you get one.
Glow-In-The-Dark Flying Disc
And if you want to play your Kan Jam at night sometimes, get a glow-in-the-dark flying disc. Or even better, get another illuminated set of Kan Jam game so that everything glows in the dark. If you want to continue the game after the sun is out, you want both the disc and kans to be bright. If you can see your targets, you can continue to play, simple as that. There are a few good options out there, and the choice is all yours to make.
Just in case the illuminated disc and kans are not bright enough, buy more LED lights. What they do is make the disc or the kans brighter so that you can see better. Most of them are not so expensive, and there are color choices that you can choose from as well. It is a little pricey to buy LED lights from Kan Jam, and below are some alternatives that you can use.
Kan Jam Terminologies
When reading the instructions or rules, you will come across some terminologies of the game. Let’s find out their meanings below:
- Bucket: is the final shot in which the disc gets tossed into the kan.
- Bust: is when the teams go back to 18 points and continue the game when they go over.
- Deuce: is the shot that hits the kan without being deflected.
- Dinger: is the shot that deflects the disc and hits the outside of the kan or goal.
- Hammer: is the last throw of the game. Throwing a hammer can be an advantage because it might give you a chance to win over your opponent.
- Instant Win: is when the shot goes through the slot opening through the Instant Win Slot without a deflector. The team will win regardless of how many points they have.
- Perfect Game: is when a team wins by scoring seven consecutive buckets.
- Tie: is when both teams score 21 points in the same number of rounds. That is when the game goes to overtime. So each team will take a turn, with the team with The Hammer going second.
Kan Jam Rules
Some of the common Kan Jam rules are:
- You won’t get any point if the disc hits the ground before striking the kan.
- There won’t be any point if the deflector carries, catches, or double hits the disc.
- Teams must complete an equal number of turns before the game is over. The exception is when there is an Instant Win, the team with a “hammer” will always get to throw last.
- The player has to stay behind the goal; there should be a line for tossing the disc. If the player crosses the line, they will not get the point. The goal should be 50 feet, but you can move closer in crowded places or in windy conditions.
- A team can only win when the point that they get is exactly 21. If a disc that the teammate throw results in points higher than 21, the points will be deducted. For example, if the current point is 19 and the next score is 3, the total score will be 16 instead.
Kan Jam Benefits
Sports always provide great benefits to your body and health, and the same goes with Kan Jam. As a very popular game, Kan Jam sure offers a lot of benefits that you may find useful. Let’s take a look and see what those benefits are; perhaps they are what you are looking for.
- This game is ideal for players of all ages, starting 8 years old up to adults. You don’t need any skill to play; all you need is the drive to have fun.
- There is no rule for locations; you can play Kan Jam pretty much anywhere you want. From your dining table to the outdoor spots, Kan Jam is ideal for them all.
- Not different from other games, Kan Jam is a great exercise for players. It includes a lot of coordination skills and movements that boost your energy and flexibility.
- Kan Jam is very easy to play, so you won’t have to go through a lot of explanation or learning. There are also instructions or guides in the set that you can easily follow too.
- The items or tools in the game are compact, lightweight, and portable which is so convenient. You can effortlessly pack or store the game before or after use within seconds, and anyone can do it.
What is Kan Jam?
Kan Jam is a flying disc game where two or multiple players throwing discs into the goal bins. Usually, there are two teams who take turns tossing the disc into the kans. Whoever gets the disc more wins the game, and it is pretty challenging.
How many players do you need to play Kan Jam?
You can play Kan Jam Mini, where there are just two people per team or just an individual. And if you have many members, you can simply divide the teammates equally. Each team member stands behind the kans on opposite sides of the field.
How do you determine which team throws first?
You will flip the disc in the air just like flipping a coin, and you select heads or tails. After each round, the losing team will do the disc flipping and decide who will be the first to throw.
What body parts that you can use to deflect the disc?
You can use any part of your body like feet, hands, head, legs, etc. The only rule is that the disc shouldn’t be touched twice in succession by the same person’s body.
Can you use two hands in Kan Jam?
No, you cannot. Officially, the deflector can only use one hand or body part to hit or slam the disc when playing Kan Jam.
What can you do to deflect a disc?
The legal ways to deflect a disc are to hit, kick, knee, redirect, and slap the disc. You will not get any points if your deflector carries or double hits the disc.
There are many reasons to play Kan Jam, mainly because it is super duper fun. Players of all ages can enjoy the game, the instructions and rules are pretty simple, and you can play for hours. The best part is that you can play a Kan Jam game pretty much anywhere you like. From the backyard of your home to the beach, pool, and more, this versatile game is ideal for them all. Such a very fun and healthy sport as well, making it even more interesting.